Requirements: Gravity Forms & Mollie
It does not matter which version of Gravity Forms you have for the GF Mollie by Indigo plugin.
You need Gravity Forms Developer to use PayPal as a direct payment method (i.e. not via Mollie).
In the following steps, we assume you have already obtained and installed the Gravity Forms plugin and that you already have a Mollie account.
Linking GF Mollie by Indigo to forms
- Add product: go to your WordPress dashboard and create a form in Gravity Forms. Create the fields you need and at least one price field, for example, a product.
- Applying VAT:add a product and set ‘Field type’ to ‘Calculation’. This will enable you to calculate VAT for other products.
- Total amount:Select the ‘Total’ field from the ‘Price fields’ section. This will show the total amount outstanding on your form and will be used for paying.
- Payment method:To enable your client to pay online, you create a field with a dropdown or radio buttons with a ‘Payment method’ label. Add a number of choices, e.g. Mollie and PayPal. It is up to you how you describe the Mollie payment method on your form: you can use Mollie or iDEAL / BanContact / Sofort Banking or similar, depending on the payment methods you are offering.
- Install Mollie:On your new form, go to Settings -> GF Mollie by Indigo and select ‘Add new (feed)’. Select your title, enter the Mollie API key and the type of transaction: Products and Services.
In Payment Amount, select the total amount payable from the form.
Select the proviso in the last section. This could be something like: Process this feed as per all ‘Payment method = Mollie’
- Set form confirmation:In your Form Settings, go to Confirmations, and for Standard Confirmation, enter something like: Thank you very much for your order! Check your mailbox for further information.
If you prefer to make the confirmation message dynamic, depending on the payment status: please check the FAQ page for GF Mollie by Indigo.
- Set notifications:In your Form Settings, go to Notifications and create multiple Notifications:
One for order form sent (for admin)
One for Mollie payment failed (for admin + client)
One for Mollie payment successful (for admin + client)
Set the notification for the client and enter your own email address in bcc. That is the easiest, but you are free to create other notifications.
- Test:You can now place the form in a page and test it. Make sure you use Mollie’s API test key first.
- Go live: If everything works correctly and you are happy with the notifications and email messages, you can replace Mollie’s API key with the live key and start using the form.